Kidney Stone Procedures - Recognizing the Symptoms of GoutGout is a condition that results when crystals of uric acid are deposited body tissues, and is characterized by an overload of this acid. It causes joints to become inflamed and is often very painful. Chronic gout can lead to deposits of hard lumps in and around the joints.
Not Everyone Who Has Gout Will Experience Such Severe SymptomsSome patients may only develop elevated blood uric acid levels, a condition that is known as hyperuricemia. These patients may not have the arthritic joint pain and other symptoms. The actual term "gout" is often used in reference to the painful joint attacks.
- Gout has the distinction of being one of the most recorded medical illnesses throughout history.
- It is also said to be related to an inherited abnormality in the ability for the body to process uric acid.
- Uric acid is a break-down of pureness that is part of the many foods frequently consumed.
- This inability to process uric acid can cause the painful attacks of gout, along with the other serious conditions mentioned above.
- Gout, when referred to in this way, is usually an extremely painful arthritic attack with a rapid onset of joint inflammation.
- The deposits of uric acid crystals in the joint fluid that helps to facilitate proper motion precipitate this inflammation.
- When this occurs, this fluid is unable to correctly do its job because the crystals are in the way.
- Because of this, the joints are not able to move properly, and movement becomes very painful.
- As a result, patients with gout can experience decreased kidney function and kidney stones, which are also very painful.
- When these problems occur, they must be treated immediately.
While hyperuricemia and gout often occur together, there is currently not medical evidence that shows their exact relationship. Some patients with hyperuricemia do not develop gout, while others with repeated gout attacks show normal or low blood uric acid levels. Still, it continues to be a common problem, and should be treated to keep other more serious conditions from occurring. Because it is painful, and, therefore, very distinguishable, it can usually be easily diagnosed and quickly treated. Writing is something that has to be done when one is in the mood to write. So when we got in the mood to diet for uric acid Crystals, nothing could stop us from writing!