Food for Gout Remedies - Natural Gout Treatment - Which Vitamins are Good for Gout?Only a few vitamins have been really researched as contributors to a natural gout remedy. One is vitamin C which a few studies have found lowers uric acid levels somewhat. I have written about vitamin C for gout in earlier articles. Make sure you buy a Vitamin C preparation that contains added flavonoids, the more the better, to make it work more effectively. And buy a time (sustained) release Vitamin C product, because Vitamin C is excreted quickly.
Other vitamins which have been reported from various sources to help in natural gout treatment are quercetin, folic acid, potassium citrate calcium, and fish oils. It was with great relief we ended writing on Lower Uric Acid. There was just too much information to write, that we were starting to lose hopes on it's completion!
- Folic acid has been found in at least one study to be helpful because it inhibited xanthine oxidase, but in others to have no effect.
- It was part of the late Dr.
- Atkins's (the Atkins diet) formula for curing gout naturally but in large amounts.
- It should certainly only be taken under supervision by a qualified and experienced practitioner.
Given that gout attacks are inflammatory, as shown by the painful inflammation of the affected joints, any substance which acts as an anti-inflammatory may make the attack less painful and inflamed. Fish oils have well researched anti-inflammatory properties.
Potassium citrate is reported to be helpful in gout foot treatment, and has been the subject of gout studies. It aids excretion of uric acid, by raising the pH of urine. (Higher body pH levels make uric acid more soluble and thus better excreted). Potassium citrate can also head off the danger of kidney stones, of the uric acid variety, forming. One estimate is that there is a 20% chance that kidney stones will form in gout patients who also have acidic urine.
- Quercetin may inhibit xanthine oxidase, the enzyme required to convert purines into uric acid.
- This is the method used by the leading long term gout pharmaceutical, allopurinol.
- Quercetin has done this in test tube studies.
- We have also translated parts of this composition into French and Spanish to facilitate easier understanding of Www Gout.
- In this way, more people will get to understand the composition.
Vitamins Work in Other Ways to Help in Natural Gout TreatmentThose that work as antioxidants perform the helpful function of squelching free radicals. Why is this helpful? Because during gout attacks, free radical levels rise. Some leading antioxidant vitamins are vitamin C, vitamin E, beta carotene and selenium.
- Ensure the fish oil supplement you buy has been manufactured with a molecular distillation process.
- It takes out mercury, PCBs and dioxins.
- Since cherries have been researched as blocking inflammation, they should be considered.
- Cherries have also been found in studies to lower uric acid levels.
- When they are not in season their dietary supplement extracts, juice and in dried form can be taken.
- Cherries enjoy testimonials from gout sufferers both for curing gout naturally and halting the pain of attacks, but they won't do this for everyone.
- Celery, in two studies, also reduced pain and inflammation, so you can consider celery seed extract as part of natural gout treatment.