Uric Acid Levels - How to Find a Gout Free DietFinding gout home remedies may be simpler than you first think and it may surprise you to know that are a surprising number of additional benefits that can be had.
Uric acid is natural gout treatments the body and is an antioxidant. During the metabolizing process it is dissolved in the blood stream and then excreted via the kidneys and intestines. However, too much can be a bad thing, leading to a situation within the body called hyperuricemia.
- They found that elevated levels of uric acid meant that people were more likely to have below average scores on cognitive function tests.
- So, not only can high uric acid levels lead to a painful gout attack, but can negatively effect your verbal and memory scores.
- More reason to find a gout free diet that will help to lower uric acid levels.
- The worst offenders are red meats, offal, processed meats, some shellfish, yeast extracts, gravies and alcohol.
- All of these encourage uric acid production within the body.
Hyperuricemia is when uric acid levels are too augustana college to gout and kidney stones. Also, a recent study by doctors at John Hopkins University Hospital found that cognitive functions can be reduced if there is increased Uric Acid in the body. The research was carried out on just under 100 people between the ages of 65 - 92.
Ensure that You are Keeping Your Body Sufficiently Hydrated by Drinking At Minimum 68 eight ounce glasses of water. Dehydration will increase uric acid levels as without enough water uric acid will become more concentrated in the blood and the kidneys will struggle to expel it. By staying hydrated you will dilute the uric acid and the kidneys will have a easier time of the elimination process.
Although gout is can be a hereditary condition where the body fails to process uric acid efficiently, you can help your body regain its balance by minimizing external factors that raise uric acid levels. One of the main factors that you can control detailed information on gout is to reduce the levels of purine rich foods consumed.
Gout Diet Guide: Preventing Gout Symptoms, Treatment
- When purine is ingested the waste by-product is uric acid.
- Purine is found in many of our foods and in all proteins to a greater or lesser degree.
When you are looking to implement a gout overview diet you need to ensure that you avoid these trigger foods and substitute them for gout friendly foods such as, cereals, fruits, complex carbohydrates, rice, leafy green vegetables and low fat milk products. Make the best use of life by learning and reading as much as possible. read about things unknown, and more about things known, like about Purine Foods.