Purine Rich Foods - How to Find a Gout Free Diet
Finding a gout free diet may be simpler than you first think and it may surprise you to know that are a surprising number of additional benefits that can be had.
Although gout is can be a hereditary condition what are the effects of gout? to process uric acid efficiently, you can help your body regain its balance by minimizing external factors that raise uric acid levels. One of the main factors that you can control to alleviate gout is to reduce the levels of purine rich foods consumed.
- The worst offenders are red meats, offal, processed meats, some shellfish, yeast extracts, gravies and alcohol.
- All of these encourage uric acid production within the body.
Ensure that You are Keeping Your Body Sufficiently Hydrated by Drinking At Minimum 68 eight ounce glasses of water. Dehydration will increase uric acid levels as without enough water uric acid will become more concentrated in the blood and the kidneys will struggle to expel it. By staying hydrated you will dilute the uric acid and the kidneys will have a easier time of the elimination process.
- They found that elevated levels of uric acid meant that people were more likely to have below average scores on cognitive function tests.
- So, not only can high uric acid levels lead to a painful gout attack, but can negatively effect your verbal and memory scores.
- More reason to find a gout free diet that will help to lower uric acid levels.